
Each night of our stay at Bear Creek, a park naturalist would come out to the amphitheatre and give a talk on some nature topic. This time they were on snakes, salamanders, and bears, and on Sat afternoon there was a scavanger hunt. The kids each received a certificate with spaces for stickers. Once they attended four talks and had 4 stickers they would be presented as Jerry's rangers in a little ceremony prior to one of the talks. On the last night we were there the 4 older kids received their badges and were so very excited.
6 comments:
Sounds like a GREAT trip! And the Ranger thing is cool for the kids :)
I like the Ranger idea too! Glad you had fun!
I bet the kids LOVED it. I wouldn't have made it part the snake talk. They look so proud, and so cute!
That's Scott Alexander. I used to do that talk, when he was busy!!! It's great to learn a little when you are camping!
That is so cool. Sounds like you had a lot of fun camping. I am at the visitor centre checking out blogs. Talk to you soon.
Hi Heidi=)
Thanks for checking out our blog...and for the very sound potty advice!
Your girls are BEAUTIFUL by the way AND I was scrolling down...I absolutely LOVE your scrapbook pages!
Tanneal=)
Post a Comment