It seems as though the longer I go between postings the harder it is to get motivated to post. The summer has been busy as unfortunately my job doesn't go on hiatus. Since my last post over 2 weeks ago the girls have completed a set of swimming lessons. With the school year being so busy with dance and skating I tend to put them in one swimming session in the summer. It is really good for them to swim consistently but let me tell you it doesn't really thrill me to have to be at the pool by 9 am every day for 2 weeks. Avery is going into whales and Delaney has finished level 4. They both love it but the chlorine really is hard on their hair. Brooklyn was quite upset the first few lessons and whined saying "me swim too" as she proceeded to pull her pull up off and tried to undress. She loves the pool and I plan to take her to mom and tot lessons this fall when both the girls are in school. We have all enjoyed time at the beach and water park. The girls have spent extra time at the beach with grandma while I have worked, some days swimming for 4-6hrs. It seems like this summer everyone we know has been getting a pool. The girls feel left out and are longing for a pool of their own but they have been lucky enough to be repeatedly invited over. Maybe next year.
Delaney is anxiousy awaiting the completion of her new room. We had hoped to be done by her birthday in March but unfortunately it didn't get started until May. So much to do and so little time. She picked pink and lime green for her colours and I am glad to say it is almost done. We are just waiting to have the carpet installed and then we can finish the baseboards, closet, and hang the door. I am so looking forward to having the girls in their own rooms but probably not as much as Delaney is. Avery on the other hand has never been in her own room so I will have to see how she adjusts. Looks like I will be repainting that room to make it hers.
The other day I had the pleasure of spending time with my friend Heather and her 4 week old little boy Callum. Grandma had the girls so I got to cuddle a baby again. Almost makes me want one, but I don't think I would survive 4 kids. Thanks Heather for letting me be an auntie to Callum. I will come cuddle anytime.
We are off on another camping adventure soon and the kids can't wait.
This has just turned out to be quite a random post so sorry if I have been rambling on. I finally bought a new photo printer today and hope to have time soon to figure it out. It is an Epson R340 and is supposed to print awesome pictures. Scrapbooking here I come. Hope everyone is having a great summer and I hope to post more regularly come September when I have only 1 at home 2-3 days a week.
One side note: there is no good news on the potty front. I think Brooklyn has decided that she will pee in the potty when she feels like it and no amount of smartie bribes will do the trick. I have been letting it get to me and have been overly frustrated but today I have let it go. Her dora pull ups are soaked and she really could care less. She hasn't peed in the potty once today and it is OK! I guess she won't wear diapers to kindergarten. Maybe I will let her be a baby a little longer. Everyone says that when they are ready it will happen fast. I really don't recall it being so difficult before.(maybe it was and I just blocked it out!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You've had a full summer and it's only halfway over! I am thankful that you didn't take the summer off of work and that you were there to help usher Avelyn into the world. :)
You guys ARE having a full summer. Glad to hear that it's all positive. As far as the potty, one day we can have Brooklyn and KAyla chat. Kayla was the same way and I am pleased to say that she really did do it when SHE was ready.
Thanks for the update! Summer is so busy that I never seem to see many people.
I'm hoping you're working when Baby D arrives in October :)
Hi Heidi
It seems so much busier when you write it all down.I am so thankful to be part of the girls summer and our days at the beach are the best. As far as the potty goes WHEW that takes some pressure off me as well. She will get it when she is darned good and ready. Maybe wet pullups feel good, We should all give it a try!
Have a good day today at work.
MOM
Post a Comment