Saturday, August 19, 2006

Their own rooms

Tonight as I write this, my girls are asleep in their beds, but what is different about tonight is that they are each in their own room. We put the finishing touches on Delaney's new room today, minus a closet organizer and blind, and moved her in just before supper. It is amazing how much space each room has now that everything that was once in one room, is now split into two. Delaney decided her room would have a flower theme and chose a medium pink and lime green for her walls. This is trimmed with white trim, crown mouldings and shelf. The upper portion of her ceiling is blue dropped ceiling tiles and the lower edge is white with pot lites. It really is hard to explain because Steve designed the ceiling. Avery is excited (I think) to be in her own room, the room they once shared. We have promised that we would paint it any colour she wants. She now has the bottom of the bunk beds that is a double while Delaney has the top single bed. Steve has grand plans to build each of the girls a shaker style white bed and hopes to get started soon. Delaneys will be first as I will need her bed for Brooklyn, who at this point is still content to be in her crib. She has made it far past the other 2, but it is partially because I don't have a bed for her yet. She isn't climbing out so she can stay in there as long as she wants. Avery has shared a room with her sister for most of her 5 years so I hope she will be ok. I have stressed that there will be no running between rooms at night and definately no early morning wake up visits. We will see if it makes a difference to their wake up times. Now I will be able to see who was really making the mess in the bedroom!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I bet they were excited. I would be curious to see some pics (of the new room) considering when I saw it it was full of cars?!?!?

Vicki said...

I'd like to see pictures, too. You know, I still have that bed...
We ended up buying the IKEA bunk beds and now have four singles (obviously including the bunks). I REALLY cannot see us needing 4 singles...ever. Congrats to the girls on their own rooms, I'm sure they're loving it but will miss each other as well. Our babies are all growing up!

Angella said...

You're moving yours apart...and we need to move ours together :)

Hope they adjust well, and don't miss each other too much!