





Last week Steve and I, the girls and my mom made the trek to the coast for my brother's mid week wedding. Delaney and Avery were flower girls and were so very excited to be dressed in beautiful dresses. The wedding took place down at an old heritage house on Jericho beach which is on the ocean. Quite a beautiful location for a wedding. Other than the wedding we packed in lots of activities. Monday we spent half a day at the Vancouver Aquarium followed by shopping at Metrotown. Shopping as a whole family is definately an experience. Having a 2 yr old in the midst definately keeps down the unnecesary looking and spending. Tuesday we went to the PNE which was actually way more fun than I had anticipated. The group Hi-5 was there (from the tv show) doing their singing and dancing. I think the girls were a little overwhelmed and didn't actually get up and dance. Brooklyn really loved the "puppies" at the iams superdog show but was quite upset when it came time for the girls to go on the rides with not being allowed to do the same. Wednesday mom, the girls and I did some back to school shopping in Langley. Boy I love the Children's place! That eve was the wedding. Thursday we got to hit Ikea on our way out of town. The girls had been up until midnight the night before and them up at 730 so they were in fine form for shopping,NOT! Thank goodness for grandma who kept a whiney toddler busy while Steve and I were able to look around. Can you believe they took out most of the little play centers in all of the areas! I kind of was relying on them to keep the kids entertained. We bought Delaney a desk for her new room and a swivel chair. We felt like the guys in the commercial as we had to strap it to the roof rack in order to get it home. Pictures of Delaney's room to come shortly. After a quick stop at McD's we were on the road to "Dora on now". Our sanity would have been gone this week if it weren't for Dora and Boots on DVD. I deliberately kept it off for part of the ride home with the hope that Brooklyn would fall asleep. We had to endure about 20 min of screaming and crying for Dora but in the end fatigue won and we had 2hrs of quiet. For those who know Brooklyn she does not fall asleep in the van so I knew she must be exhausted. I have worked four busy shifts since we got home so I am now ready for a restful vacation. Not going to happen! School starts Tuesday and both girls are so ready to go. I think we are all ready. Back to school, dance, skating and routine, yay!
6 comments:
Awwww, you were here? I wish we could have seen you:( Glad it went well but I am a little bummed that a visit didn't work out. Next time, maybe? The girls look amazing as always!
The pictures from the wedding look great!
Great pics! I hope you get some rest before the total chaos hits :)
HI heidi- such amazing photos as usual. You know you would make a fortune photographing weddings and families. You have such an eye. The summer has gone by fast and we are now all getting our little ones back into the school routine. Hope you guys are doing well.
Those are sure beautiful photos. OUr girls are going to miss your girls. We will have to have lots of playdates this month.
Wow, the last time I saw your brother was probably grad '92! What beautiful pictures!
Post a Comment