Wednesday, August 30, 2006

"I'ne a big girl!"

No, Brooklyn still isn't potty trained so she is not quite a big girl but we now have one less hurdle to over come. Tonight she is asleep with no more "sousou"(soother in case that isn't what you know it as). My plan was to be done long before now but with summer and camping and other trips I kept it around more for me than anything. Over the last couple of months Brooklyn has been destroying the few remaining soothers we had left to the point that they had large gaping holes in them, really not too safe if you know what I mean. I did break down this summer and buy a new one that lasted all of a few weeks. For the last 2 weeks all she had left were 2 newborn ones which she didn't seem to mind but tonight it was in such bad shape I just couldn't in good conscience give to her. We had her throw 2 away this week which she did no problem and tonight I cut the silicone piece down to just a stub. She looked at it and decided it should go in the garbage too. Off she went to the garbage, soother in hand and put it in. "I'ne a big girl now, bye bye sou sou" Off she went to bed with her blankets and bear. She rolled on her side and said night night sousou, and went to sleep. I am kinda sad in a way as it is just more evidence that my last baby isn't so much a baby anymore.

No comments: