



nightly bin bath

wagon ride anyone?

Amy and Brooklyn on the run
This past weekend we embarked on our first of two summer camping trips with our good friends the Berekoffs. Four adults, six children (under the age of 7),two tent trailers, and one beautiful campground. We went to a provincial park called Bear Creek and I have to say it is one of the nicest around and only 40 min from home. Mature trees, private sites, park,beach, and best of all flush toilets and free showers. We arrived Thursday around 11:00 and were assigned our site. We reserved 3 months ago as it is very popular, and had requested a double site, which we were lucky enough to get. Now as you can imagine, with this many people comes tonnes of stuff! By 2:00 we were all set up in our own little camp village. The 4 oldest kids had a blast and really are self entertaining. I have to admit this year with Brooklyn and Amy, both 2, it was easier than last year. Apart from the several "mine no mine" incidents, and the 2 of them taking off running to the park and laughing as we called and chased them it was pretty good. We try to keep similar routines when camping so the kids were in bed at the latest 9pm on one occaision, but mornings were very early. I think Friday morning we were up by 6 and I was back from the shower already by 645. This meant though that Brooklyn would indeed nap and that she did, every day I might add. It was a nice break for the older kids. We spent alot of the day at the beach, and even though the water was quite cold, it didn't stop the kids from having fun. Once the kids were in bed, we brought out the bocce and played and then sat around the fire. The kids were sad to leave, and believe it or not they slept till 730 the day we were to leave. I guess the longer you stay the more tired they get and the better they sleep. We will have to go for a week next year. Our next trip is planned for the 2nd weekend in August and we will go to Magna Bay. It is quite a bit farther so I hope I will survive the drive. Thank you Anita and Brian for such a great weekend. We can't imagine camping without you.
1 comment:
The kids are getting so big. Brooklyan and Amy look like little girls...there's no toddler left. The trip sounds awesome. It's great that your two families can make the time every year. So cool. Say hi to the Berekoffs for me:)
Post a Comment