Friday, February 23, 2007
Keeping kids safe
Yesterday I was sent an email by two different friends about carseats and wanted to share with all of my readers (or the few who may not have been sent this message). The email was a video about a little boy who died as a result of a seatbelt malfunction, that could have been prevented if he was properly restrained in a 5 point carseat. http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=azgBhZfcqaQIt has really made me re-think how I will approach things with Brooklyn as she grows and reaches 40lbs. I remember how exciting it was to move from the 5 point carseat to a big girl booster when Delaney was 40lbs. She was no longer a baby so why not? I have always made sure she fit properly in her seatbelt, and much to her dismay have sent her booster along to friends in case they needed to transport her in any way. I followed the same action with Avery. She too will be in a booster until she is 8 as recommended. Brooklyn will be in a 5 point harness the longest now that I have watched the devestating result of wanting to upgrade too soon! On this website were several other videos about carseat safety. The one I found most impacting was this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4xhLYXtnsE&NR. The video is only one minute in length but the message so powerful. Let's keep our kids safe. Proper carseat use saves lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We went to research that carseat and it is not actually available in Canada. Eventhough they say it is for kids up to 80lbs, they only tested the buckles for kids upto 48lbs. I think one of the problems is that we often let the kids do up their own seatbelt. I always listen for the click, but you never know I guess. I cried when I saw that video. John was actually the one to do all of the research cause we were planning on buying one of those car seats for Vayda, but I guess not. Check out this site:
http://forum.canadianparents.ca/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=461431
Thanks for caring. Seriously, so importnt to share!
Post a Comment