Friday, February 23, 2007

Brooklyn the bunny




Brooklyn has decided that she wants to be a bunny. She received this bunny touque as a Christmas gift from uncle Scott last year, and being 20months old at the time there was absolutely no way she would wear it (or any other hat for that matter). I remember how hard it was to keep a touque on her. Well, this year we have had the opposite problem...getting it off! Since around the beginning of the year Brooklyn has been wearing this hat 24/7. For awhile she would take it off for sleep but in the most recent weeks the only time it is off her head is during a bath, for the brief time it takes to brush her hair (the point of that I don't know), or if it happens to need to be washed. Yesterday she wanted her hair braided and we did manage to get to the van without mention of the "bunny hat". I did have it hidden in my hand ( I have learned), and the moment she realized it was not on her head she burst into tears. We are starting to prime her for the inevitable warmth of spring. She says she will put it in the closet when the snow is all gone. I will believe it when I see it. Until then, at least she looks cute. It is quite the conversation piece. Brooklyn has been goofy lately, and the only way I could take her pic is with a funny face.

6 comments:

Poetsch Family said...

Those are awesome pics, I think you should scrapbook them.

Christy and Dustin said...

She is SO cute! Getting so big.

K said...

very sweet, She maske a darling unny. We have the same issue with Aidan wearing his Jef Gordon racing suit. This week he wore it 4 days in a row, everywhere. A lot of comments and smiles at the grocery store. I think it is great wehen kids have a favorite outfit for a while, especially that bunny hat! sweet.

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute in the bunny ears :)

Vicki said...

That is the cutest bunny I've ever seen!

Jen F said...

Oh my goodness she is so cute! I love the wrinkled up nose one - she has the bunny thing down pretty well! Your girls are so pretty and how nice to see them playing in your last post.
I will try to remember to take some pics of our l&d rooms - I think they are about the same, maybe a bit plainer than the new ones prh got a few years ago.