It seems as though it has been forever since I last posted. I have even taken 99 pictures in that time so you would think that I would have a little to say. Last week was busy with both girls finishing their dance year with the final performances. In Summerland that means if you are in ballet you dance all 3 shows plus the rehearsal. Delaney also did Jazz so she had an extra dance to perform. The day of the rehearsal Steve's dad was admitted to hospital with a serious case of pneumonia. He was in ICU for 2 days and then spent another 5 days in hospital. He just came home today. Thankfully he is on the mend. I started my busy 2wks of work on Monday, 4 12hr days this week followed by the same next week. I am so glad this only occurs every 8 wks. Tuesday I took the morning off work to go with Avery's class to the safety village in Penticton. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a minature town complete with roads, stop signs, traffic light etc. It is used to teach young children about bicycle safety. There is also a house to teach about fire safety. A few of the kids in the class had a really hard time with the concepts of staying on the right side of the road and following road signs and rules. Remind me to stay off the streets when they start driving!!! Delaney made a trip to the dentist yesterday to have 2 of 4 baby teeth extracted. Her mouth is so crowded with adult teeth that they are trying to make some room. She did awesome and not a tear was shed. Braces are definately in her future. Thankfully we have 2 dental plans!!! That brings me up to today.....ahh summer! The temperature soared to 32 degrees and Jolanda and I took the little girls to the water park for the morning. We sat, talked, and soaked up the sun. (oh yes, and also watched the girls splash and play.) It is so nice to have Jolanda back here in Summerland!! I took some cute pictures and hope Jolanda doesn't mind me sharing the ones of Tessa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
wish I could have been there!!!
You have beautiful girls!
I love the sunny beach pictures! I saw how hot is has been there on the weather network - unreal!
Scary about Steve's dad - hope he will get back on his feet soon - I know pneumonia takes so long to get over even after the hospital stay.
Good luck with work this week - I still dont know how you keep it all together with your hours and three girls. Hope the shifts are nice and ..."q" word.lol.
I am back on line. Yeah for me. I love those pics. I am going to need copies of those by the way. thanks for coming for the drive with me today. See you at pick up.
Wow, sounds like Delaney was really brave. I love having the waterpark only a few minutes away. Especially when we have this super hot weather, no air conditioning and two hot kids ;o)
Hey Heidi,
THe girls are growing so much and they just keep getting prettier by the day...you must be so proud of them . They obviously keep you and Steve very busy!!! Take care. Jean
Post a Comment