Friday, September 02, 2005

Avery's New Glasses


It has been just a week since we found out that our little Avery would need glasses and today was the big day. I couldn't help but think that yesterday was the last day Avery would have without something to help her see. Whether it be these glasses, or contacts as a teenager she will always require them. She made a comment to grandma (my mom) this week about wishing she didn't have "broken eyes." Now if that didn't break my heart. I would never let on to Avery that I am upset as she is so excited. We have talked alot this week about how much better she will be able to see and how they are like grandma's. It was a nice morning so we decided to walk downtown to pick up the glasses. Avery was walking so fast I had a really hard time keeping up. At Dr. Good's office there was a quick try on, a few adjustments, and voila, Avery has glasses. Now being the scrapbooker that I am I couldn't let this monumentous occaison go by without a few photos. Yes there will be a scrapbook page to follow! Now doesn't she look so cute in her little purple glasses. Her first comment was how big everything looks. Avery really wanted to go somewhere now that she had her glasses so it was off to the park. This was not without a few stumbles as for those of you with glasses know things look a little slanted at first. It is taking some time for Avery to get used to wearing her glasses full time and they have been on and off at least 50 times today. She is very careful with them and I am so very proud of her for being such a good sport! I love you Avery.

No comments: