Life is crazy! From work, to having to get up and out the door every morning by 8:20 with three kids to get Delaney to school, and after school activities there is not that much down time. I can't remember what days were like before kids where all I had to worry about was what I was going to do on any given day. Sometimes on days, and we all have them, the six year old meltdowns, the four year old whining and the toddler headbanging tantrums get to be a little much I can't help but fantasize about the day when the kids will be independent. Then a song comes on and puts things all back into perspective, bringing tears to my eyes and making me wish they would always be little. The song is by Lonestar, a country group, and it goes like this:
I can remember when, you fit in the palm of my hand
Felt so good in it, no bigger than a minute
How it amazes me, you're changing with every blink
Faster than a flower blooms, they grow up all too soon
So let them be little, 'cause they're only that way for awhile
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love everyday
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little.
I've never felt so much in one little tender touch
I live for those kisses, prayers and your wishes
Now that your teaching me, things only a child can see
Everynight when we're on our knees all I ask is please
Let them be little, 'cause there only that way for awhile
Give them hope, give them praise give them love everyday
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh, just let them be little.
So innocent, a precious soul, you turn around
It's time to let them go.
Childhood although so much work is so short. There is nothing that brings more joy to my life than the kisses, cuddles, and I love you mommy, and I can't imagine the time when my kids will no longer depend on me for everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the reminder! I too start to wish for the days when they are older, but before we know it, they'll do anything to NOT hang out with us!
:)
Angella
Post a Comment