Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Quiet

It is just 7:30pm but my house is so very quiet. Brooklyn has been in bed since 6:40. Someone forgot to tell her that if you stop napping you are supposed to make up for that time at night. She was awake at 6am! Today was Delaney's first full day of school this year followed by 1 hr of ballet from 430-530. She had a headache after school which usually is a result of stress or fatigue and I am sure it is both. Avery had a full day on a play date and is equally as tired. So here I sit at the computer. For those of you with cable here you would know that the tv and internet have been down all day due to an accident in the wee hours of the am. Being as Steve works for Shaw my phone rang at 2:34am to be exact. He didn't go in until 730 but has been working all day trying to restore the cable. He plans to be at work until at least 9pm. Thankfully I was out today because I sadly do rely on both of these things to survive during the day!!!! Brooklyn and I did venture to Costco today and she was in panties the whole day. Costco was a zoo and I was in a panic knowing it had been since Zellers in Westbank that she last peed and costco was the 3rd stop since then. Wouldn't you know it, the line ups were huge, the debit had to be rung through twice, and Brooklyn was leaning over the cart with a funny look on her face. Thankfully we rushed to the bathroom and she made it. After all day it wasn't until we got home that she peed on my floor. Oh well I guess I can't complain. We got her Dora movie as promised and I got sucked into buying a Dora book as well. I think I have watched 3 episodes 2 different times today. Avery starts with one hour of kindergarten tomorrow and just can't wait. If today was a preview of how 2-3 days each week will be with just Brooklyn will be, bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Angella said...

Can you taste the freedom? I'm a few years away from that yet!

I REALLY hope you get to be my nurse :)

Anonymous said...

I too wa hopelessly lost without the internet. :)