Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My other craft



In my last post I mentioned another project I had been working on. When I was at Memories and More last week they had this cute hanging frame on the wall. My friend Lisa from work had a baby girl in November and because her shower was this past weekend I figured I would make one for her little girl Chloe. Wild Asperagus makes these monogrammed paper frames for use in scrapbooking but by putting a back on them you can make a frame you can slide a 3 1/2 X5 photo in. For the backing I used the boxboard from a cereal box and covered it with cardstock and then tied them together with twine. I then used some paper flowers to embellish. I am quite happy with how it turned out. Hopefully it will hold up. The one at the store spelled "baby" which could be used for a boy or girl. What do you think???

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Well aren't you Miss Crafty!! That's looks great.

Vicki said...

So beautiful! I love it! Absolutely love it! Wish I could be there to see it in person. (Then I could copy it for my kids). Seriously, Heidi. Great job!

Jen said...

I love it! I wish I could do something like that.

K said...

Wow heidi- now I am going to be checking your blog just for inspiration. Or, you should start a craft blog!! Just kidding. This looks beautiful. Jolanda and I had tried making accordian albums with box board and it took a while, but once you get used to it, it is okay. Your project is simply sweet.

karen said...

love it!

Where do you get the letters?

Poetsch Family said...

It looks awesome Heidi. I so want to make one of those. Great JOb. I am very impressed.

Anonymous said...

You are so gifted!!

Anonymous said...

You've got such an eye for stuff like that. Beautiful!