Sunday, March 05, 2006

Future Figure Skaters?









Today the skating season came to an end with the annual Summerland Skating club pop concert. The girls have been skating once a week since Sept. and have improved in my books 300%. They have learned how to glide, skate backwards, and do a spiral. Avery has been so excited about the Pop Concert that everyday for the last month or so she has said, "I can't wait for the skating concert!" At rehearsal on Thursday they each received the yellow skating skirts they were to wear for their costume and each of them has had them on everyday since then, pretending to do a skating show in the living room. They have both informed me that they no longer want to be dancers, but want to be figure skaters. I will have to get another job if they both decide to carry on with it. They had a blast today performing for the audience. Following the concert each skater received a certificate of completion, and Delaney won an award called the BMO canskate champion. It is awarded to a canskater for their commitment, perserverence, dedication and passion towards skating. We are so very proud of her and she was very excited to be chosen. The girls both look forward to next year and I am excited to see where this sport will take them.

5 comments:

Angella said...

You must be so proud! They looks so beautiful too :)

Poetsch Family said...

They look like little pros. Sorry we couln't make it.

Vicki said...

They look great! Skating is so much fun, I always wish I'd kept up with it. Maybe we'll see them in the Olympics one day!

Lisa said...

TOO Cute!

Christy and Dustin said...

Good for them . I figure skated until I was fifteen. And I loved every moment of it. Maybe one day they'll be teaching other little kids and going to competitions. You're right though. IT's mighty expensive.