Friday, March 31, 2006
The end is near
The end of diapers that is! I don't want to get to excited though just in case, but there has definately been a marked improvement in the "potty attitude" since just a week or so ago. Going back a week or so, Brooklyn was adamant about not using the potty. Every time I would change her I would excitedly ask if she wanted to go sit on the potty. The answer each time was an emphatic "NO". I finally did what I swore I would never do, bribe. "Brooklyn, if you go pee on the potty I will give you a treat" I told her. Up she got, ran to the potty and peed! Yeh! Then came out of Brooklyn's mouth, "treat, me now." So she got a token M&M. Yes, just one, and that seemed to satisfy her. The next time though one wasn't enough. Now a week later she is excitedly going to the potty a few times a day but only when I ask. This morning though as Steve was getting ready for work Brooklyn went into the bathroom and told him "Pee". She sat down and didn't pee but pooped! We all did an excited little dance but I do have to admit, changing a diaper is much easier than cleaning a little plastic pot! The next step will be doing #2 on the big potty. Way to go Brooklyn! If everything goes well I may be done with diapers forever in the near future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yay Brroklyn! Graham's got it pretty much down pat, and he's much older than her.
Good girl!!
Great work Brooklyn!
Good luck! I hope this is the end of diapers for you!!
You'll be nearing the end of the diaper reign just as I'll be entering it indefinitely. You've paid your dues, though. Good luck with the training. :)
How great would it be to not have to change diapers. so great.
Way to go Brooklyn!!
:)
Yay Brooklyn! Going on the potty is no small feat. How great!
I'm hoping to have a few months of diaper free days before we have our next one. Megan's giving me lots signs that she's ready. SHe just needs the opportunity now. And maybe a bit of bribing as well.
Post a Comment