

I have always been a cat person. I always had cats growing up and as soon as Steve and I bought our house we got a cat. Then another cat. When the kids came along Grandma fostered our one remaining cat which has turned into an adoption situation. Now that the girls are older, they have been asking for a kitty. Well, mostly just Avery has been asking, pleading for one. I am not a hard sell but Steve is. Since we renovated and bought new furniture his answer is NO. No persuading him in any way. Friday before mothers day, Brooklyn and Avery wanted to go to the "puppy store" AKA Petcetera. We have been there before and left empty handed but this time proved to be harder. They had an influx of kittens a couple of days before and 1 in particular caught my eye. He was exactly like my best cat who had to be put down at the young age of 2. I called Steve on his cell phone and told him I found what he could by me for mothers day. He just laughed, which I knew meant no. I asked him what he would do if I just brought the kitty home. He replied by saying I would have to find a new place to stay. Not wanting to risk my marriage over a cat, I called up my mom. "what would you think about getting a kitty for mothers day?" It didn't take much to convince her so in a round about way, my kids got their kitty. He just lives with grandma! His name is Toby, or Boby as Brooklyn calls him. He is very spunky and the girls are a little afraid of all his sudden pounces and moves. Avery tries to catch him and hold him whenever she can, thus is covered in little kitty scratches. Brooklyn now says, no biting kitty, no catching (scratching) Too cute!
2 comments:
She is so cute. We will have to come and see her one day. Our girls love cats and dogs. Avery looks so happy. ARe you sure STeve won't let her have a kitty. Did you show him that pic?
Eventually they come around. Ryan, who claims to have no attachment to the cats and doesn't really like them, well, he wants a third, and now I'm the one saying no!
Post a Comment