Tuesday, May 30, 2006
The Long Weekend
I know the May long weekend seems like forever ago but it has been that long since I posted, and many things have happened since then. Every May long weekend Steve's hot rod club has what is called the Blossom Run. It is held at Peach Orchard campground and hot rod enthusiasts come from all over to show off their cars. This year approx 250 cars were registered with about 700 people, all camping for 3 days. It is a closed event but many of you may have seen the cars around town. The week prior had brought summer like weather but in true may long weekend fashion, the rain came, and came it did! This year we had decided to take our tent trailer down and have it all set up. Our plan was to camp,(but go home in the am to shower!) Delaney and Avery love camping as does Brooklyn, but when it came to go to sleep Friday night she had other plans. I figured I would lay down with her (now 10pm) and she would settle into camping dreamland. WRONG! Having never slept anywhere but crib or playpen being in a bed without sides was too much fun. By 11pm I had gotten up and decided that her and I would just go home. The other girls were upset with that so back to bed Brooklyn and I went. Finally at 1130 she fell asleep. Around in circles she went all night as she obviously doesn't know that when in a bed you sleep straight. Needless to say, I hardly slept, and then by 630am we were all up! It was pouring rain by this time so by 8 we were home, warm and dry. All we heard all day from the 2 oldest was whining as to when we were going to the campsite. Thankfully they had a birthday party that afternoon and Brooklyn and I had a much needed nap. I had learned my lesson. The next 2 nights after the festivities, she and I made our way home to bed while Steve and the girls stayed at the trailer. Delaney and Avery had so much fun with their little friends running around the campsite and although they had late nights, they coped fairly well. Avery did end up napping on her own both days out of shear exhaustion. Hopefully by our camping trip in July, Brooklyn will have mastered bed sleeping. If not I will be definately taking the playpen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment