Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Big girl panties....NOT

Quite a few posts back I mentioned that I figured I was on the road to smooth sailing in the potty department. Wrong! Brooklyn is no where near being potty trained. A couple of weeks ago I bought the Dora pull ups which she always wants to wear, and some real big girl Dora panties. She treats the pull ups like diapers and even with me constantly asking her if she needs to pee, we seem to always have no stars. For those of you who don't know, pull ups have stars or flowers on them that disappear if they get peed in. On the positive note, she will pee on the potty when we are getting her changed and can even get herself perched upon the toilet all by herself. If I am being intuitive, we can even get #2 done on the toilet with little fussing (but I do have to be very observant of the signs). Today after her nap, and with #2 just done I had the bright idea of trying real panties. Maybe without the backup of a pull up she would know to use the potty. How could she not, I reminded her at least 100times. We brought the little potty out to the living room just in case. The panties lasted all of 10 min before she was crying, sitting in a puddle of pee (thank goodness for laminate.) So all said and done, I guess I am more ready than she and I will have to wait until she thinks it is time. I hope it is soon because I would rather be spending all this diaper money on something else.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Kayla had a TERRIBLE time with potty training (mostly with #2). She was finished much later than Megan. The one thing I learned (and I know you know as well, having 2 potty trained daughters) is that it's just not worth it until they're ready. It's like banging your head against the wall. Good luck to you, and Brooklyn. I'm sure in a couple years I will be posting the exact some thing:)

Angella said...

It WILL happen (as you know), and then your diaper days will be a distant memory :)