Sunday, January 29, 2006
We didn't escape
Unfortunately the virus that kept us up with Brooklyn the other night has now reached four out of the five of us, with only Avery being spared so far. It started with Steve at 1:30am Sat and as I stumbled back to bed I prayed that if I indeed would be hit with this please let it be at least 24hrs from Steve. No such luck. By 4:00am we were tag teaming in the bathroom and by 8:00am Delaney was involved too. If you think parenting a sick kid is hard imagine having both parents sick, a sick kid and two well kids, one being a toddler. Avery has been such a big help and so amazingly patient with us. She was quiet and played on the computer or watched tv for about 12hrs. Once Brooklyn realized that we were not going to play "guys" (little people) with her she pretty much amused herself by bringing every toy she owns into the living room and played by herself. Thankfully she also enjoys watching tv because that was our lifesaver. The three sickies slept most of the day and I was so glad when 7:30 came and we could go to bed for the night. Today is somewhat better. The vomiting has ceased and it is now just tummy aches an fatigue. Avery is bored. We are slowly able to eat again. If Avery escapes this it will be amazing but I expect that she will be hit with the same nasty bug in the next day or so. At least we will be better and able to give her the care she deserves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Poopy! We all got sick last summer, and was SO HARD being sick AND having to take care of sick kids. Glad that you're on the upswing :)
Poor you guys!!! We didn't feel well this weekend but I think we were lucky compared to you guys.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
Don't you wish sometimes you could 'call in sick' for parenting? Then someone could come and take over for you so you could sleep as much as you wanted.
Sorry to hear that you guys had such a rough weekend, but I'm glad to hear that things seem to be getting better!
Post a Comment