So I am a day late in the Easter wishes but yesterday, with the weather being as awesome as it was, I just couldn't imagine spending time inside on the computer. There is WAY too much chocolate in this house for my liking. Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate,but I am a chocoholic, and the the chocolate, no matter who it belongs to seems to make its way into my tummy. I am going to have to run every day for the next month to burn all of the calories! The girls were up and dressed in their new Easter dresses even before I got up yesterday. I found them at Costco last week for a mere 13.97 each and couldn't resist. They opened their chocolate and skipits before church. Grandma came out around 8:30am, bringing the turkey and stuff for our dinner. Then it was off to church for 9:15. On our way home from church Delaney said "remember before when we went to church and Daddy made us an easter egg hunt?" Little did she know but Steve had done just that. He was almost ready when we got home and the girls were quite excited when they found out that is what he had done. Armed with camera we all went out in the yard searching for eggs. We spent the afternoon relaxing in the sun as the kids played and rode their bikes around the yard. I even have tan lines that is how beautiful it was! After our yummy turkey dinner, lemon pie etc it was jammie time, for the girls that is. I had a little siesta on the couch around 7pm as I let the turkey digest. I even managed to get out for a run at 8:15pm. On a side note, Saturday night Steve decided he wanted to bake a cake for easter. This is his masterpiece.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The girls look sooooooooo cute in their dresses! We have 'weigh' too much chocolate over here too! You can freeze it for upto a year (it wouldn't make it that long at our house ;0) and use it for baking or crafts. Glad the girls liked their bears!
That is a great cake! I wish Aaron would do something like that. We had a relaxing day. The easter bunny hid eggs for Liam and he loved it. I will post pics later.
I hear ya on the too much chocolate! My kids didn't even know about some of it that was for them! ;)
You're girls look cute in their dresses! I love Easter Egg hunts and watching the kids "freak" out. Happy Belated Easter!
I love the dresses and Steve did a great job on the cake. Is he making the Dora cake too?
Post a Comment