Sunday, April 01, 2007

Signs of Spring










You know it is spring when the kids are itching to get outside to play. The other day the girls were dressed and ready to head outside by 9am and spent probably more time out than in. I love to watch them run and play, knowing they are breathing in fresh spring air and getting their blood pumping, and most of all that they are being active. We spent some time down at the park at Peach Orchard this past week with the Berekoff's where the girls enjoyed some park play and attempts at rock skipping. I took my camera of course and when I went to download my pics I realized it was almost this time last year that I took very similar pictures at the same place. I can't believe how much Brooklyn has changed. I also noticed that in the past year I have taken no fewer than 3500 pictures. Crazy! Anyways, here are some pics of then and now.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've been living outside too. Ain't it GREAT????

Beautiful pics, too!

K said...

Loving your photos/. They totally capture the feeling of spring. We were out hiking in the fields before 10:00 and it felt so good. It is like waking up after a long long sleep. Happy spring.

By the way- there are some neat classes coming up at Memories and More soon. I may look into going.

Jen F said...

I love those pics - they are beautiful. Outside shots always look so good. Must say I am jealous of your nice weather now.... its still too cold to go to the outdoor parks here. The girls are getting big - looking so grown up. I love letting kids just play with rocks, water and nature, no play equipment just nature and their creativity. So good for them

Anita said...

I had a great day...nothing better than hanging out with great friends and good coffee!!
We'll have to do it again soon... on a Saturday after soccer (another sign of spring)

Jen said...

Great pictures of the kiddos! I love spring.

Leanna said...

We were blessed to wake up to SNOW on Monday..Cameron actually asked if Christmas was here again already. Hopefully we will get that good weather soon.

Kelly said...

Before I even read your last 2 posts all I was thinking......geez the kids look really young then I read what you wrote. Where does the time go?!? Great pics.

Vicki said...

Yay...spring! The pictures are beautiful as always (how could they not be with those subjects). We had snow Monday (like Leanna said). REAL SNOW. That lasted for hours. And stuck to the ground. Today I think it's supposed to be 22 degrees. WooHoo!

Anonymous said...

The pictures of the girls are so cute! They capture their personalities to a tee! It's great having 'picture perfect' neighbors ;0)

Karyn said...

These are so cute - I really like the top one of Avery. Okay, ya... thanks for hooking me onto this "addictive" yes, good word for it, world of blogging. Of course the fact that it's now midnight and the Canucks are going into the 4th overtime period does contribute to the fact that I'm still sitting here at the computer!