Friday, April 13, 2007

My Baby Turns Three!!


It is hard to believe that three years ago I was wandering the hospital corridor waiting for the arrival of what I was sure would be my third girl. I was right! I was being induced at 38wks for what was going to be a small baby, and for possible concerns regarding a very remote chance of an intestinal blockage that was seen on an ultrasound only one week earlier. I had also been seen by an OB who said there was probably nothing wrong, but until the baby came nothing was for sure. They were right about one thing, my baby was a little on the small side, 6lbs 3 1/2 oz (Avery was only that size. I just grow them small), but our baby Brooklyn was born absolutely healthy. So much of that day is so fresh in my mind as if it just occurred yesterday, but here I am, getting ready for a 3rd birthday party. It is impossible now to see any traces of that little baby. In its place is this beautiful, tall, shy little girl, who daily reminds me that "I'm not a baby I'm a big girl." Yes Brooklyn, you are getting to be a big girl. No more diapers or pullups, a big girl bed (that you no longer fall out of), and daily new accomplishments (riding your trike and scooter.) This is probably the first year I haven't mourned the loss of babyhood, but get excited about the coming years and all that you have left to discover. I love you Doodlebug and you will always be my baby! Happy third Birthday baby, I mean big girl!

9 comments:

K said...

What a sweet photo. Very glam! 3 is such a fun age. Happy birthday Brooklyn.

Anita said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn! I too remember your birth, and was honoured to be there when you entered this big beautiful world. I am so glad you are a part of my "family"!! You are such a sweet friend to us all!!

Karyn said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn! I agree with Kelly - I love three, it's such a great age! Of course I liked two as well, so...

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!! I agree I don't know where the time goes. Hard to believe that Liam will be 3 in a couple of months too. I must say I am really starting to enjoy him now. Not that I didn't before but you can actually have a conversation and he responds!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKLYN!!!

karen said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!

Anonymous said...

At this point, I'm looking forward to three. Seth just sprouted some 2 year molars, that's what all the crying was about (I think)?! We moved in when Brooklyn was only a couple months old, and it's been fun watching her grow into who she is today! Happy Birthday Brooklyn!

Poetsch Family said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn, glad we were here for your party. Tessa loves her bracelet and cup.

Vicki said...

I've been away fromblogland for a while. I'm sorry I missed this. Happy 3rd Birthday, Brooklyn!