Friday, April 27, 2007

Almost 10!

As most of you know, I have been running lately. In the past few weeks I have been changing up my route as to add a little more length to my runs. It has taken me quite some time to break the 5k record. Now that it is light out longer I am running a little more rural, enjoying the country side with out fear of it being too dark. Last Sunday I was surprised to be able to run 7.3k, and even manage to be able to walk the next day. My goal is 10k. Last night I extended my run, out Jone's flat road, through town and out Dale Meadows, almost positive that I had made it 10k, and in 58minutes no less! I hopped in the van on my return home to clock out the k's but to my dissappointment it was only 9k's. If I would have known I could have pushed myself one more k for the full 10. That will be next time, but definately not today. My legs are a tad stiff and are begging me for at least another 24hrs of rest!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! That's more than half way to Penticton! You go girl!

K said...

That is great Heidi! Good for you. That is a huge accomplishment. I used to run Dale Meadows when we lived there, but never Jones Flat. That is such a long way!

You shouldnt be dissapointed at all, but I know what you mean. I run on the treadmill and can usually only run for a max of 30 minutes and that's at only 6 Km/hr. It is alot easier than running on the road, so I give you huge credit.

Vicki said...

Congrats.....I may have to call you to chat about this. I have started running myself, and it seems like I'll never make 10k. Maybe you have some advice on how not to give up in the beginning???

Jen F said...

Wow - impressive. I made it three blocks today before I had to walk again! I have been running on the treadmill at the gym twice a week but its much different on a real road. That last k will come soon I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! I miss running...

Christy and Dustin said...

I love your new header. So cute. Especially Brooklyn showing off her undies to the world.

Poetsch Family said...

You are doing great at the running. Keep it up. It sure was nice having Brooklyn this week, nice to have a good play pal for Tessa. Hope you have warmed up from soccer this morning. Have a great afternoon.

Kelly said...

Good for you!! That's great. I'd like to start running. Even though we have a treadmill I find it boring and would rather do it outside....maybe now that the nice weather is starting. Maybe I could get Aaron to start as well......doubt it......

Lisa said...

good for you, and love the new look!