Thursday, October 13, 2005

18 months already


I am having a hard time believing that my baby is already 18months old. It seems as if it was only yesterday I was holding this tiny baby in my arms, dependent on me for every need. I look at Brooklyn now and that baby look is gone, replaced by the bright toothy smile of toddler. This change seems to have taken place overnight. I now wake up to the shouts of "MOMMA" instead of crying and the day is filled with an explosion of new vocabulary. It is so fun to watch her daily interactions with her sisters and the way her imagination works as she plays non-stop. With this age though also comes the start of the temper and determination to do things her way. Only six short months ago I couldn't have imagined my life without a "baby" in it. I had such a hard time with that stage of my life being over but now, as each day brings the excitement of a toddler exploring and absorbing the world I can rest easy knowing that there are so many more stages to come and to enjoy. I am so enjoying Brooklyn, and am excited to see the little girl that is emerging.

No comments: