Thursday, October 27, 2005

Avery and Rachel

As I write this Avery and her best little friend Rachel are downstairs, dressed up as princesses, pretending they are from another land, and loving every minute of having the afternoon together. (and I am enjoying some uninterupted blogging time!) Standing at the top of the stairs I hear the four year old voices trying to talk like adults, discussing how things should be done. Avery tends to be the more dominant one (sometimes borderline bossy) and Rachel as a rule doesn't have a problem just following along. I enjoy so much watching these two play. Rachel and Avery were born friends. Her mom Anita and I became good friends when Delaney and Cory were babies and spent days on end together during our mat leave. (and then another mat leave when Amy and Brooklyn came along. You'd think we planned this or something!!!) Over the past four years rarely a day goes by that one or the other is not asking to play. There are a few squabbles here and there and when they disagree they fight like siblings, but for the most part they love each other and really enjoy each others company. Avery is so lucky to have a close friend in Rachel and I pray that as the years pass they will continue to remain best friends.

No comments: