Thursday, October 27, 2005

Seven days and counting!

This uninterupted blogging time is great. As mentioned in my previous post Avery and Rachel are now busy watching Fairytopia(a barbie movie for those of you with no kids or boys).
Only seven days left until Steve and I have our get away to Vancouver. I am even more excited now because we booked our room last night. One of the Doc's that I work with told me of a website where you can bid on a room and get it for way less than if you book it through the hotel itself. I am normally a little nervous about these kind of things(I don't even buy on ebay), but it sounded too good to pass up. Priceline.com is the website and other than having to say we were from washington, as there was no way to put in canada, we reserved a room at the Hilton at Metrotown for $55 american per night. So for $130 american for the two nights it is still way cheaper than 129+ Canadian per night for regular reservations. The only thing is you don't get to pick the hotel but when you bid on 3 or 4 star hotels they are all good. You also can't cancel because once you agree your credit card is billed right then. The last time Steve and I were in Vancouver alone was when I was pregnant with Delaney 6 yrs ago. Ikea and Old Navy here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Angella said...

I hope you guys have SO MUCH fun!
:)
Angella

karen said...

Sounds like fun -- like I said to Angella when she went away -- I'm jealous! The last time I was at Old Navy, I had Ben and Sarah with me, and Travis was there too -- it was like having 3 kids along, though Trav is just slightly more helpful than a kid! haha. Anyways, have a great time, I'm sure it will be SUCH a nice break, and you'll come home refreshed.
Karen