


This past Sunday we had the pleasure of going to my Dad's in Kelowna for dinner and a visit with my cousin Kelly and her family. Kelly and I grew up at opposite ends of the country, with me here in B.C. and her in Halifax. The last time we saw or really spoke to each other was eleven years ago so it was so neat to visit this time as adults and moms. I also met for the second time her husband Aaron who I first met at Berwick United Church camp in N.S. the summer of 1987. Kelly and Aaron have been family friends since childhood and it is so cool that they are now married. I can't believe how fast life goes. Liam is their 15 month old little boy and what a cutie he is. Definately all boy! With his blond hair and blue eyes he will definately attract all the girls attention. It was so cute to see Liam and Brooklyn play together. Trying to get photos though was another story. How hard could it possibly be to get two kids together for a quick picture? Well, Brooklyn started poking at Liam when we sat them side by side on the chair. She figured the chair should be hers and hers alone. We tried to sit all the kids on the couch but if Brooklyn wasn't crying and trying to get down then Liam was. Don't they know how important pictures are??? We had Kelly and Aaron down for dinner last evening for a visit before they had to go back home to Ontario where they now live. The kids played well and we got to connect as couples. I really wish there wasn't the distance between us as it would be nice for our kids to grow up closer than we did. I encouraged Kelly to start a blog so we could keep in closer touch so hopefully she will and will get as addicted to this as all of us. It amazes me that even after all this time we were able to connect and carry on as if it were only a year ago that we spoke. Thanks Kelly for the visit and I hope maybe one day to get to Ontario to see you.
1 comment:
I can commiserate. All of my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. are in Ontario. It would be great to have family closer than a 4 hour plane ride!
Post a Comment