Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

It is Valentine's day, a day to remember to remind those that are special to us that we love them. In our busy lives this often gets taken forgranted and today is the day to conciously make that effort. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserveres." I love this verse and have found myself reciting it daily, if only in my mind. Valentine's day also hold special significance for Steve and I because it is the day we got engaged 9yrs ago. I will always remember Steve's proposal on the pier in Penticton following our romantic dinner at Granny Bogner's. I can't believe how fast the time has gone.
Delaney loves Valentine's day and has been working on her valentine's for over a week. She loves drawing hearts and writing love notes so it is almost like every day is valentine's around here. I am excited to get to help in her class this afternoon for their little party. Steve and I have a dinner out planned tonight, just the 2 of us. It has been awhile. Thank you so much mom for offering to take the girls. I couldn't do all that I do without your help. We all love you so much. So Happy Valentine's day everyone. To my wonderful husband and father of 3 beautiful girls, Delaney, Avery, and Brooklyn, friends, family, and all who read this. I hope the day is special for all.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Valentines!

Angella said...

Have a great day & a wonderful dinner with your hubby!

Vicki said...

Wow, Donovan & I got engaged at the lake after a dinner at Granny Bogners just over 8 years ago. We have very romantic men!
Happy Valentines Day!

Poetsch Family said...

Hope you guys have fun tonight. I can't wait for my Valentines Dinner. Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!