


I have been playing around with my camera lately, trying some of the semi-manual settings. It is not an SLR, which is my dream, but unless some spare cash gets dropped in my lap, it will have to do. I love taking pictures of my kids. They are the love's of my life and I can't imagine a time when they weren't here. Delaney, my oldest is almost 7 and as I look around at those just experiencing pregnancy for the first time, I can't help but think back to that special time of firsts; first doctors visit, first time hearing the heartbeat, first ultrasound, first kick, first contraction, you get the picture. It is a time in life most of us dream of, and it goes by so fast. Delaney, now in grade one is her own person, with an ever emerging personality. I love that we can now talk about things that she is thinking and doing. She is reading like crazy and loves to read books to her sisters. Delaney loves our one on one time and I love that she has very similar interests to me. Avery, at almost five, is my preschooler. Her emerging personality is one quite different from her older sister. She is my cuddler, and is very outgoing and sweet. She comes up with the funniest things and has since she started talking(which compared to her sister was quite late). The other day she was explaining to our neighbor what I do at work. She insists that I "push the babies out everday!" Too funny. When in the mood she lets me take her picture. This is quite a new thing, but it still needs to be her idea. Getting a camera for Christmas really helped. Finally there is Brooklyn. What can I say, she is 2(or almost)!!!!! I spend most of my days trying to come up with ways to get her to do things so she thinks it is her idea otherwise a battle ensues. Simple things like getting her diaper changed or eating in the highchair have become issues. She is quite funny these days and knows it. She loves the camera and is quite happy to pose. They are the loves of my life. The minus one refers to my husband Steve. Also a main love, I don't have any blog worthy pictures of him. He is happy with that. A great father and husband, a hard worker and perfectionist. What is not to love!
8 comments:
Those are great pictures!! Such cute girls!
Well said about the girls. They are so precious. My girls had a good time with you guys on Thursday. Thanks again for your help. It is amazing what an hour of pilates can do for a person.
I love those pics you posted. Ready to do some scrapbooking next Saturday? I can't wait.
I like your pictures of the girls, they are very pretty.
Can you please say "Hi" to the girls from me.
from Vayda
you are a wonderful photographer!!
your photos always look great. Im sometimes lucky if I can just keep my finger out of the path of the lense!
your girls are beautiful. Love the black & whites.
Really cute girls!
What a sweet post (and great pictures!). Your love for your family shows in all you say & do :)
You have a perfect family. Blessed indeed by God!
Your family is as blessed to have you as much as you are blessed to have them. And your girls are beautiful! I hope you save this away so they can read how much their mom loves them!
Post a Comment