Monday, February 13, 2006

Today is a Sleep Day!

Brooklyn is napping today, hooray!! I think sadly the days of Brooklyn napping for 2-3 hours each day is coming to an end. In the last week or so there have been at least 2 days, maybe more that she just hasn't gone to sleep. We have the same routine before the nap, lunch, diaper, rockabye and then into the crib with soother and night,night(what she calls her blankets). So what is the deal? After about 30 or so minutes of quiet the calling starts, with soother still in, "mommy, (louder) mommy, up! I go in, try to lay her back down,which usually works once, and then it starts again. The other day she actually had her leg up and toe over the crib rail. I am just waiting for the day that I put her down to sleep and turn around and have a little blonde cutie with soother still in, standing behind me! I am just not ready for her not to nap anymore. I hear of kids who still nap in kindergarten. How do I get myself one of those??? Well, at least she is sleeping today. Tomorrow, well that may be another story.

4 comments:

Poetsch Family said...

Sign me up for one of those too (a napping kid). Tessa has been skipping her naps also, on days like that when 5 hits she is just miserable. Altough she sleeps so good for me at night, especially with no nap.

Poetsch Family said...

Thanks for doing that, I learned some more things about you that I did not know.

Tim Horton's all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See you at Tumble Time in the morning.

Poetsch Family said...

I messed up on the comments. The second one was supposed to be on your other post. Oh well. See you this moring.

karen said...

I LOVE nap time. Sometimes I just ignore Sarah if she is in her room and happy (don't tell!), and am fortunate that she still naps, but I don't know how I'll survive when she decides to give them up. Hopefully nap time will turn into 'quiet time in your room' when she doesn't want to sleep anymore!