
I am not one with tons of hobbies but the one thing I am passionate about is scrapbooking. I love that I can create meaningful pages of pictures and journalling for my girls that they will be able to look back on in their adult years. I first started scrapbooking when Delaney was about 6 months old, and now looking back, things in the scrapbooking world were pretty basic. It was all about just matching papers and matting pictures, and using fancy scissors. The last 7 years have seen the industry explode and now the sky is the limit. I have trouble keeping up with the latest trends and find that my pages, although now more embellished, are still on the simple side. I guess that is just my style. Before blogging came along I used to spend my computer time searching scrapjazz, and two peas websites for layout ideas. Blogging has kind of put a halt to that. If you have read Jolanda's blog recently you would have seen her post about our scrapbooking night this past Saturday. We usually try to go to a crop night at Memories and More in Westbank (the coolest scrapbook store ever), but with everything going on in our busy lives, finding a night that we could all go when they were offering a crop was next to impossible. So we planned our own which was just as much fun. The only thing about going to the store is you can by things for your pages as you need them. So this also saved us many dollars!!! We had a great time and many creative pages were made by the very talented group that we are, ha ha. The girls in the store in Westbank said that if we had a group of 5 or more they would open and do a private crop night. I think we will try and organize this in the near future. If any of you scrapbookers would be interested let me know. These are a couple of the layouts I have done recently, although they are missing the journalling. Like I said, blogging gets in the way!
9 comments:
I'd love to come to that! I love scrapbooking, but I don't think my pages look near as nice as yours!! :) Great job, Heidi.
I'd love to come, too. Though I've only made one scrapbook in my LIFE!
:)
Your pages look great! I've just started scrapbooking this fall and I have so much catching up to do!
I'd like to do that...but i have one more Saturday here:( But, if we plan in advance, I can plan a weekend back here and spend some time with the girls:) Maybe?
I'm sorry I missed last Saturday night at home, my husband had already planned a dinner out including a babysitter for the kids (and I have to take it when I can get it because once we move, babysitters will be few and far between).
Heidi:
I love your ideas. Your layouts always look so beautiful, uncluttered and professional. you have a unique way of letting your photos be the focal point while still being able to use your papers to bring them out. So great!
Oh yeah- I saw that Steve has a blog now (under your links) and I clicked on it. To Aidan's delight it is all about cars and trucks! Aidan thinks his blog is the coolest and finally there is someone who talks about the really important stuff in life. Not this scrapbooking business. ha! So, let Steve know he has a fan.
Your pages look very good, very classy. I started scrapbooking our wedding, it consumed my life, then I got busy at work and now haven't touched it in months, but now it's slow again at work so I should pick it up again. Ryan would come home from work and say, "So, were you scrappin' today?" Have fun!
I need some scrap book lessons, so I would totally come to a crop night! So I could even find out what a crop night was! Those pages looked great -- I love that style -- simple and uncluttered.
*Finally making here after you left a post on my blog :)*
Awesome pages and don't you just LOVE Wild Asparagus??? My shop carries and I just drool but now I am ready for the new line! YIPPEE! Due in a few weeks time.
Can I sign up for that crop? LOL, would probably cost too much to fly just for a few hours. I never get anything done at crop anyway, I just talk talk talk lol!
Post a Comment