Monday, November 07, 2005

Back in the routine

Only a day has passed since we arrived home from our ever so short weekend away and it already seems like we never left. How can it be that a few days at home tend to drag on but given a weekend in the city with your husband and no kids flies by in a millisecond? We left Friday at 5pm and luckily the roads were good. We aren't the coquihalla type drivers and prefer the ever winding road of the Hope-Princeton. We stayed at the Hilton at metrotown (for 55 us) parking included so that in itself made our trip, but all the excitement of getting to go to Old Navy and Ikea really kept me from getting a good nights sleep. Can you believe it, a chance to sleep in with no kids to wake us up early and we were both awake by 7am! Old Navy luckily opened at 9 before the rest of the mall so I basically did all my damage before 10:30. Metrotown is so huge that I almost got lost (yes Steve and I split up to shop.) He isn't much of a shopper especially for girl clothes so we met up after lunch. My feet were so sore from walking miles back and forth that I wasn't sure that I could make it around Ikea. I don't know where I found the energy (some tylenol helped.) All I wanted once we got back to the hotel was to sit in the hot tub but wouldn' t you know it, it was outside, and in the pouring rain. We had a great dinner at a greek taverna and turned in early. Sunday morning we woke up to sun if only briefly and after more shopping in Langley we were on our way home. Grandma was exhausted after the day and a half with the girls and was glad we were home. Steve has decided that our next weekend away will be longer but with little or no shopping! He says we need to go to Vegas. I am all up for that but if he thinks I can't shop there he is sadly mistaken. I am glad to be home with the girls and by the sounds of it they did really miss me. I know I missed them!

2 comments:

Angella said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great time! It's funny how you can't wait for a break, and then when you're gone, you miss your munchkins HORRIBLY!
:)

Angella said...

POST already :)
yes, we've watched "go, Diego, go"

Graham calls him Eggo
:)