I, like many of you, also watched Oprah's favorite things this past week. It was hard not to be the tiniest bit envious of the people in the audience. And then I read my friend Jolanda's blog and there were such great words of encouragement posted that I just had to pass them on to you. This was a passage sent to her by a friend and with her permission I am able to share:
Someone will always be smarter. Their house will be bigger, they will drive a better car, their children will do better in school, and their partner will fix more things around the house. So let it go and love your circumstances. Think about it. The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart, and the most highly favored woman on your job may be miserable at home. The richest woman you know-she's got the car, the house, the clothes-might be heart breakingly lonely. So love you. Love who you are right now. Tell yourself "I am too blessed to be stressed"
" to the world you might be one person, but to one person you might just be the world."
That passage really made me stop and think. Do I really love who I am right now?
Now, for my favorite things. It took some thought as alot of this I think I take forgranted. Sure, it is nice to have stuff, but in the end, is the stuff really that important?
My favorite things:
The miracle of birth, and being lucky enough to get to witness it more than most.
The miracle of the birth of my own children, and the closeness it brings between Steve and I.
That first night in the hospital with a new baby, getting to know them and knowing they are yours forever. (it makes me sad to think I will never experience this again)
Getting little love notes on my pillow from my girls saying "mommy, I love you so much"
The unconditional love you get from your child.
Spending the weekend with Steve without the kids, and then returning home to appreciate them more.
Seeing how much my kids love their Grandma time.
Being asked if Anita and I are sisters and the surprised look we get when we tell people we are not.
The peace and contentment found in Christ.
Tim Horton's coffee.
The excitement of finding a new scrapbook paper line (those of you who scrapbook will understand this)
Scrapbooking with friends (using this new paper)!
Blogging, and reading blogs.
Anything chocolate.
Going to the gym, OK not the going but the feeling you get when your workout is done!
Being a wife and mother, the hardest but most rewarding job of all.
I could go on and on but I will stop here. All I know that there are so many things that I could add to this list but these are the ones at the top.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment