Saturday, November 19, 2005

Busy, Busy

I just checked my own blog and am so disappointed that I haven't blogged at all this week. I can't believe how fast the weeks have flown by since September. Working three 12hr shifts this week may have something to do with my lack of posts! I do tend to check everyone elses blog's at least once a day even if I am working but for me to sit down and actually post it takes time and thought. I am not one of these people who can come up with witty or even remotely interesting things at the drop of a hat, so I will just update the week. On Wednesday, Avery had her one month follow up appointment at the eye doctor since beginning to wear her eye patch. He is very impressed with her progress as am I. She can actually see smaller object out of her left eye now when before she couldn't even see the large images. Another four weeks and we will reassess and hope for more progress. Also on Wednesday my friend Heather came to visit. To make a long story short, she used to be my brother's girlfriend about 7 years ago and since they broke up we lost touch. She since has gotten married, moved to Scotland, New Zealand, and is now back living in Penticton. Her husband is the new Doc who took over for Dr. Manders so they will be around awhile. It is so nice to be back in touch. Friday was also a very busy day. Avery has been so concerned lately that she didn't have a Christmas dress that fit so we went to Wal-Mart early friday morning to find one. Wal-mart is always so much work as Brooklyn refuses to stay in the cart. I am forever having to keep one eye on her as I try and shop. The one good thing about that is it keeps me from overshopping. Avery found the perfect dress and I am sure she has had it on and off at least four times in the last day. Without a doubt it will be on at least once a day until Christmas. That girl loves her dresses!
Friday evening was spent with friends making Christmas cards. We had a great time and all came away with at least 3 handmade cards. I was impressed with all the creativity that surrounded me and hopefully I will find time to finish the rest at home.
Well, that is the boring story of my week. Brooklyn has a cold and is very snotty. I just hope that if we are all going to get it we will all be healthy in time for Christmas.

No comments: