






Many of you have been waiting patiently for pictures of the room we renovated for Delaney. I figured it was about time to actually take the pictures and so here they are. The armoire pictured used to be one that Steve and I had in our room but has been sitting on our deck for the last 2 years. Steve totally rebuilt it, adding crown moulding to the top and base, new panels in the doors, new feet, and new top. It looks awesome with the flower knobs we found that also adorn anything else in the room that needed one. (The armoire used to be natural and black). We found the desk at Ikea this summer and also added a flower knob. The letters spelling "Faith" I actually found at Walmart last Christmas but didn't give them to her until her birthday in March. Faith is her middle name and as they have flowers wrapped around each one I thought they would be perfect in this, a girly, flower room. It was hard to get a good picture of how Steve did the ceiling. Delaney bought the flower mat with her birthday money and couldn't wait to pick it out once the room was complete. The final touch will be a new bed that Steve hopes to build one of these days. He plans to make a shaker style headboard and footboard and paint it white. Ideally he will make one for each of the girls. It is so great having a husband who is able to do such awesome stuff. Delaney and Avery are loving having their own space but do spend alot of time together in alternating rooms as well. As much as I wish it were true, Delaney's room isn't always this tidy!
8 comments:
I love her room. The colors are great. It looks like a big girl (more mature) room but is still fun and young. Understand what I mean?!?
Any ideas for Bronwyn's room?? I want something girly but not babyish so I don't have to redo it in a couple of years.
Hi Heidi, Her room looks so nice, you guys did an awesome job. You're so lucky Steve does that. Was great to see you out Saturday night as well. See you tonight.
It looks so great. Vayda wanted so badly to have her own room, but she is too scared to be by herself downstairs, which is fine with me. They love sharing a room most of the time, but it is nice for them to have some space of their own. Good job on the armoire Steve. Talk to you soon.
It looks AMAZING!
The room looks terrific! I just showed MEgan and she loves it! Great job McKelvey family!
Looks great Heidi!
The room looks gorgeous!
A perfect room for your sweet girl. I love the colours and the nice little touches. :)
Post a Comment