Monday, October 02, 2006

On a sad note

Today was a sad day as I had to say goodbye to my good friend Jolanda as she and her family embark on their new life up north in Ft. St.John. Although we have been friends for only a year and a half, we did spend alot of time together. It is not always easy to find good friends who have similar interests and with Jolanda things just seemed easy. We both have girls, a love for cameras and photos, and our ever growing love of scrapbooking. I am so happy that you are doing what is best for your family, but at the same time for selfish reasons I wish you could stay here. Thank goodness for long distance savings plans and this new found hobby of blogging. I hope the next few years fly by! Avery will miss playing with Vayda and I am sure Brooklyn will ask about Tessa every time we drive by "Tessa's house" on our way to Timmy's. I am so glad we became friends!

2 comments:

K said...

Yeah- it was a tragically sad day. After spending the morning helping out with some cleaning, we said a long goodbye. Aliah and Aidan had to even run back across the street, tears flowing from both of them, and ran into Jolanda's arms. I stayed in the van or I would have been a mess too. We are looking forward to going for a visit hopefully sooner than later.

Poetsch Family said...

Thank you for those kind words. Yes, it was a very sad day, yet it was exciting at the same time. You are right, thank goodness for the good phone plan i got. I miss you all already. I just got my Internet hooked up so I will be blogging a lot. Yeah.